87. Bones - Turkey, chicken and other small
animal bones are very different from the large bones
you find at the pet store. These small bones splinter
easily and can cause serious internal damage if
swallowed, so NEVER give them to your pet.

88. Hot containers - Your dog or cat will most likely become curious when
they smell something cooking. Keep an eye on hot containers so that your
pet does not tip them over, causing severe burns.

                                 89. Holiday plants - The following holiday plants
                                        are toxic to cats and dogs: Christmas rose,
                                        Holly, Lilies and Mistletoe.

                                90. Ribbons - Sure it may look adorable, but
                                       placing a ribbon around your pet's neck
                                       may cause them to choke.

91. Bubbling lights - Older forms of this attractive decoration may contain
methylene chloride, which is a highly toxic chemical.

92. Fire salts - Contain chemicals that could be harmful to pets.

93. Angel Hair (spun glass) - Can be irritating to eyes and skin, and could
cause intestinal obstruction if eaten in large amounts.

94. Christmas tree water - Stagnant tree water or water containing
preservatives could result in stomach upset if ingested.

95. Decoration hooks - Can cause blockage and/or trauma to gastrointestinal
tract if swallowed.

96. Styrofoam - Can cause your dog or cat to choke if swallowed.

97. Ornaments - These can look like toys to your cat or dog, so keep them
out of your pet's reach so they don't pose a risk of injury.

98. Tinsel - Can cause choking or internal trauma if swallowed.
New Year's

99. Balloons and Confetti - These are among the
common items used to decorate a New Year's party
venue, but can pose an obstruction or choking
hazard to your pet if ingested. Be sure to keep an eye
on them when they around these items or place
them in an area that does not have decorations.

100. Loud noises - New Year's is typically a noisy holiday. Unfortunately,
loud noises frighten pets and can cause them to run off. Keep your pet in a
separate room, away from noisemakers, music and other loud sounds that
may startle them.

101. Alcohol - Alcoholic beverages are toxic to pets and should never be given
to your dog or cat.

                                     Valentine's Day

                                      79. Flowers - Many types of flowers and plants                    
                                              that are found in the bouquets are harmful                  
                                              to dogs and cats.


                      80. Fake grass - This colorful "grass" may look                                   
                              appetizing to your pet, but actually poses a choking                   
                              and intestinal obstruction hazard if ingested.

                      81. Small toys and other plastic items - If swallowed,                        
                              small toys and plastic easter eggs can cause your pet                  
                              to choke or even damage their intestinal tract.

Fourth of July

82. Fireworks - Fireworks not only scare pets and cause
them to run off, but they can also cause serious injuries if
detonated near your dog or cat. Many formulations can be
potentially toxic to pets if ingested as well.


83. Pranks - Some pets, specifically black cats, have become victims of
torture and abuse during Halloween, so be sure to keep your pet indoors.

                                   84. Candles - Pets are naturally curious, and                           
                                           may be attracted to the bright lights of the                      
                                           flame in dark areas. Dogs and cats could                           
                                           either burn themselves by the flame or                            
                                           knock the candle over, starting a fire.

                                   85. Xylitol - Candy or gum sweetened with xylitol is toxic
and should be kept away from your pet.

86. Chocolate - All forms of chocolate can be harmful to your pet, potentially
resulting in poisoning or even pancreatic inflammation from the high fat


tel: 718-746-1979                    email: